Tuesday 17 November 2009

Dubai World Championship Preview

Well, I will post my results from last week shortly when I look at my account statements, but calculate I am about 200 points up. I used £0.5 per point so that translates to £100 profit. Thats the good news. The bad news is the names I quoted on my preview probably made a loss (as I have said before I back about 15 players per tournament and did not quote all of them last week). Anyway, I will post more details on that soon.

Looking forward to this week, I think there are a number of players who can be discarded for being short-hitters. Although I have no doubt there will be a couple of shorter hitters who do well in Dubai, this looks bound to favour overall the long-hitters and quality ball strikers. So am discounting Kjeldsen, Poulter, Wilson, A.Hansen, Jacquelin, P.Hanson and Jimenez.

Also, there are a number of players who have been playing well for a number of weeks who must at some point start to play badly - so I can also discount them, on the basis that they are currently playing above themselves and it can't continue for ever, or that they must be getting tired. I am going to include Westwood, Jaidee and Liang in this category - and both must be getting a little tired after playing many times recently.

There are other players I am ignoring due to erratic form.

That leaves with the following sells: Aiken (42), C-Bello (36), Edfors (34), Els (15), F-Castano (34), Garcia (16), Goosen (22), Kaymer (16), Lawrie (31), Mcilroy (14), Molinari (21), Noren (25), Oosthuizen (29), Quiros (28), Rose (20), S.Hansen (23), Schwartzel (25), JM Singh (28), Villegas (22), Wall (26) and Willett (29).

Buys: Jacquelin (35), Jimenez (30), Maybin (35), Mcgrane (38).

Thats all for now - I may come up with some Phoenix Dunlop tips if I see some prices anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment