Monday 30 November 2009

Chevron Challenge 2009, Nedbank 2009, Australian Open 2009 betting preview

Nedbank 2009: Have backed Karlsson to win at 18-1. Other than that I am tempted to sell Watney, Goosen and Karlsson on spreads. The course suits long-hitters, and also I think at this time of the season it pays to look for players who are motivated and not exhausted. That rules out most of the field hence these 3 are my picks. Also BUYing Cabrera and Stenson since Stenson is favourite and Cabrera 4th favourite (on IG Index), which appears optimistic.

Chevron Challenge 2009: Based on the above, I am looking for fresh players, players in form, players who have played well here before (not as important though), and players who are good starters. My last criterion, good starters, means players who normally start off a season well as opposed to those who need a few tournaments to get going. I am looking at this as some of these players have not played for quite a few weeks and therefore could be rusty.
So my picks are Stricker, Harrington, Zach Johnson and Furyk (maybe Villegas, not sure yet).

Australian Open 2009: I do think you need to take into account ability to play in wind here, and recent form. Last years Aussie Open had some wind so is not a bad place to start when looking players with that ability. On top of that I am looking for players showing some form but not looking like they are putting their feet up for christmas quite yet. So my list is: Baddeley, Conran, Senden, Sim, Scott, Percy, O'Hern, Nitties, Molder, Both, Long, Hall, R.Green, Dodt, and Chalmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment